Pregabalin for Anxiety
Pregabalin for anxiety,pregabalin generic,pregabalin anxiety.Pregabalin is an anti-epileptic drug, also called an anticonvulsant. It works by slowing down impulses in the brain that cause seizures. Pregabalin also affects chemicals in the brain that send pain signals across the nervous system like xanax.
Pregabalin is used to treat pain caused by fibromyalgia, or nerve pain in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy), herpes zoster (post-herpetic neuralgia), or spinal cord injury. Pregabalin is also used with other medications to treat partial-onset seizures in adults and children who are at least 1 month old.
Pregabalin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.Pregabalin for anxiety,pregabalin generic,pregabalin anxiety
How much to take pregabalin generic
Your doctor will tell you how many capsules you need to take each day. This may depend on your age, your condition and whether or not you are taking any other medicines.
Your doctor may recommend that you start with a low dose of Pregabalin-DRLA and slowly increase the dose to the lowest amount needed to control your epilepsy/convulsions or neuropathic pain.
The usual dose range is 150 mg per day to 600 mg per day given in two divided doses.
How to take it
- Swallow the capsules whole with a full glass of water.Pregabalin for anxiety
When to take it
- Take your medicine at about the same time each day.
- Taking it at the same time each day will have the best effect. It will also help you remember when to take it. It does not matter if you take this medicine before or after food,Pregabalin for anxiety,pregabalin generic,pregabalin anxiety
Pregabalin can cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help if you have: hives or blisters on your skin; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Like valium.
Common side effects/pregabalin anxiety
These common side effects may happen in more than 1 in 100 people. They are usually mild and go away by themselves. Keep taking the medicine but tell your doctor if they bother you or don’t go away:
- Feeling sleepy, tired, or dizzy
- Mood changes
- Feeling sick
- Swollen hands, arms, legs, and feet
- Blurred vision
- For men, difficulties with getting an erection
- Weight gain – because pregabalin can make you feel hungry
If you have diabetes, pregabalin can upset your blood sugar control. Monitor your blood sugar more often for the first few weeks of treatment with pregabalin and adjust your diabetes treatment if you need to. Talk to your doctor or diabetes nurse if you want more advice on what to do.Pregabalin for anxiety,pregabalin generic,pregabalin anxiety
Serious side effects Pregabalin for Anxiety
Very few people taking pregabalin have serious problems. Call a doctor straight away if you get:
- Thoughts of harming or killing yourself – a small number of people taking pregabalin have had suicidal thoughts that can happen after only a week of treatment
- Difficulties breathing
- Severe dizziness or you pass out
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren’t real),Pregabalin for anxiety
- Problems going to the toilet, including blood in your pee, needing to pee more often, or constipation,Pregabalin for anxiety,pregabalin generic,pregabalin anxiety
Pregabalin is usually taken 2 or 3 times a day. You can take it with or without food.
You don’t have to have epilepsy for pregabalin to help with pain or anxiety. pregabalin generic
It takes at least a few weeks for pregabalin to work.
The side effects of pregabalin are usually mild and go away by themselves. The most common ones are feeling sleepy, dizziness and headaches.
Pregabalin is also called by the brand names Lyrica, Alzain, Lecaent and Rewisca.Pregabalin for anxiety,pregabalin generic,pregabalin anxiety