Zofran over the counter
Zofran over the counter,zofran and pregnancy,zofran for dogs,zofran for kids,zofran in pregnancy.Ondansetron, sold under the brand name Zofran among others, is a medication used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or surgery. It is also effective for treating gastroenteritis. It is ineffective for treating vomiting caused by motion sickness. It can be given by mouth or by injection into a muscle or into a vein.
Zofran like prednisone is utilized for forestalling sickness and spewing related to disease chemotherapy or medical procedure. Zofran is a serotonin 5-HT3 receptor blocker. It works by impeding a compound idea to be a reason for queasiness and regurgitating in specific circumstances (eg, chemotherapy).Zofran over the counter,zofran and pregnancy,zofran for dogs,zofran for kids,zofran in pregnancy
How to take Zofran
Use Zofran as coordinated by your PCP.
Take Zofran with a full glass of water.
This medication can be taken with or without food.
Try not to take the drug in bigger sums, or take it for longer than suggested by your primary care physician.
In the event that you miss a portion of Zofran, accept it as quickly as time permits. On the off chance that it is nearly an ideal opportunity for your next portion, skirt the missed portion and return to your normal dosing plan. Try not to take 2 dosages immediately.Zofran over the counter,zofran and pregnancy,zofran for dogs,zofran for kids,zofran in pregnancy
Ask your medical care supplier any inquiries you may have about how to utilize Zofran.
Zofran and pregnancy.
Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) affects up to 80% of women during the first trimester. A smaller proportion of women (0.3%–3.0%) experience severe vomiting or hyperemesis gravidarum. While milder cases of nausea and vomiting may resolve spontaneously or may respond to lifestyle and dietary changes, more severe forms of NVP may require treatment with medication
- Blurred vision
- Muscle spasm.
Store Zofran at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief stockpiling at temperatures somewhere in the range of 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is allowed. Store away from warmth, dampness, and light. Try not to store in the restroom. Keep Zofran out of the span of kids and away from pets.Zofran over the counter,zofran and pregnancy,zofran for dogs,zofran for kids,zofran in pregnancy
Each 4-mg ZOFRAN tablet for oral administration contains ondansetron hydrochloride dihydrate equivalent to 4 mg of ondansetron. Each 8-mg ZOFRAN tablet for oral administration contains ondansetron hydrochloride dihydrate equivalent to 8 mg of ondansetron. Each tablet also contains the inactive ingredients hypromellose, iron oxide yellow (8-mg tablet only), lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, triacetin, and titanium dioxide.
Before taking ondansetron,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to ondansetron, alosetron (Lotronex), dolasetron (Anzemet), granisetron (Kytril), palonosetron (Aloxi, in Akynzeo), any other medications, or any of the ingredients in ondansetron products. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor if you are receiving apomorphine (Apokyn). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take ondansetron if you are receiving this medication.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: certain medications for seizures such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Epitol, Equetro, Tegretol) or phenytoin (Dilantin); clarithromycin (Biaxin, in Prevpac); erythromycin (E.E.S., Erythrocin, others); fentanyl (Abstral, Actiq, Duragesic, Fentora, Lazanda, Onsolis, Subsys); lithium (Lithobid); medications for irregular heart beat; medications for mental illness; medications to treat migraines such as almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), frovatriptan (Frova), naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt), sumatriptan (Imitrex), and zolmitriptan (Zomig); methylene blue; mirtazapine (Remeron); monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors including isocarboxazid (Marplan), linezolid (Zyvox), phenelzine (Nardil), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), and tranylcypromine (Parnate); moxifloxacin (Avelox); selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem, in Symbyax), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Brisdelle, Paxil, Pexeva), and sertraline (Zoloft); and tramadol (Conzip, Ultram, in Ultracet). .Zofran over the counter,zofran and pregnancy,zofran for dogs,zofran for kids,zofran in pregnancy.Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you more carefully for side effects. Many other medications may also interact with ondansetron, so be sure to tell your doctor about all the medications you are taking, even those that do not appear on this list.
- tell your doctor if you or anyone in your family has or has ever had long QT syndrome (condition that increases the risk of developing an irregular heartbeat that may cause fainting or sudden death), or another type of irregular heart beat or heart rhythm problem, or if you have or have ever had low blood levels of magnesium or potassium in your blood, heart failure (HF; condition in which the heart cannot pump enough blood to other parts of the body), or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking ondansetron, call your doctor..Zofran over the counter,zofran and pregnancy,zofran for dogs,zofran for kids,zofran in pregnancy
- if you have phenylketonuria (PKU, an inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation), you should know that the orally disintegrating tablets contain aspartame that forms phenylalanine.